Snowed In  

Posted by: Elle La Belle

IMG_0591
Cold weather continues its grip on the UK

The cold weather looks set to tighten its grip on the UK over the next few days, with freezing temperatures and heavy snow expected across much of the UK. The Met Office has issued an early warning for heavy snow covering much of England and Wales from Sunday night until Tuesday.
Travel networks are bracing themselves for severe disruption on Monday morning, especially in London and the south east where up to 25cm (9.8nches) is forecast. Elsewhere up to 20cm (8 inches) is expected at higher levels, with 5-10cm (2-4 inches) in low lying areas.

 

This… is not cool. As if it wasn’t bad enough that the crazy weather/snow interrupted my plans to have a semi-decent CNY celebration at Chinatown yesterday. And now, after having risen god-knows-how-many-inches overnight, the London Transportation for Monday morning is officially s.c.r.e.w.e.d. I couldn’t get to uni even if I tried which I’m really not happy about. I slept at 10pm just for for my Intl’ Financial Management class at 9am today, groans. I thought I had just a bit of hope left when I saw that the Bakerloo line was only partly   suspended, but turns out, the entire Paddington Station is closed. 

  Image3Image2

im4

Dear All,

Due to the sever disruption to travel caused by adverse weather conditions, all teaching at all University sites will be cancelled for the rest of the day. All staff whose work is not essential to security or health and safety should arrange to travel home as soon as possible. All students should do the same.

 

I guess this leaves me with no choice but to snuggle back into bed with my Edward Cullen book.

This entry was posted on 7:38 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment