Overdue Pics  

Posted by: Elle La Belle

IMG_1623

While I hear it’s been pouring like crazy in Brunei, we UK’ians too, have had our fair share of bad shiteous weather. And by shitty, I mean COLD. The snow isn’t so bad. The frozen snow (ice) on the other hand, has been a real biyatch. I recently discovered my new phobia of icy sidewalks after a very painful and embarrassing incident. It was on a Tuesday evening which was our second snowed-in day of the week. My sisters, Afiq and I had just finished lunching and thought we’d hit the supermarket for some grocery shopping. Seeing that it was a new month, Afiq and I thought it’d be a good idea to stock up instead of making countless visits back. So proceeding along with our very bright idea, we ended up with a luggage full of groceries (yes, we brought a luggage), and 12 more plastic bags of which Afiq took 8, and I took 4. Let me just say, the roads and sidewalks were completely white and covered in ice -- it almost looked like Norfolk Square had turned into an ice skating rink (with just a slight bit of applied exaggeration).  Anyhoots. We took a bus home and just as we were approaching Brunei Hall, even after taking the tiniest of all tiny baby steps, I found myself sliding around on the slippery icy surface right before losing my balance, falling backwards, landing first, on my butt, and then on my hands (which very painfully scraped against the cold hard ice) at which point I had already dropped my groceries which I later realized, was scattered all over the road side. Yeah, Afiq found it pretty funny but he stopped laughing when we discovered some of our stuff went missing. Hah. I was actually pretty close to going back out to scavenge through the snow for my fabric softener but by then I had already officially become afraid of ice. And although most of the roads have already been cleared out, I still go through extreme measures to avoid even the smallest patch of ice.

But besides icy sidewalks and being stranded at home, I think everyone's had a great time with the snow! That was the best Monday I've experienced in a while. Almost every working man, woman and student stayed home, and yeah they say it was the day London 'shutdown' because both nothing and nobody worked that day resulting to a loss of millions of pounds, but the hell with that, it was the holiday we all needed to make us happy care bears again. I have never seen so many snowmen in my life! It was superb ;) Tuesday was another snowed in day for many of us. It snowed again today but not enough to close down uni like it did on Mon and Tues... though I hear more heavy snow is expected to fall this coming Monday. Again :D :D :D.

That's all for now. I shall now leave you's with some long overdue pics from our snowy Chinese New Years celeb. A very special shouty to my seastar who provided me with the pics and treated me to a wonderful sushi lunch today. (Btw, the last pic was taken at Jojo's apartment where we pit stopped for a few games of Mario Kart. Check out the awesome poster... LOL). Stroodles.

IMG_1621 IMG_1583 IMG_1616
IMG_1618 IMG_1581 
IMG_1620 IMG_1627 

Love,
E

This entry was posted on 6:43 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment